11.28.13 | Posted in UnCommon Leadership
Today is the US’s holiday of celebration and Thanksgiving. I hope and pray that each of you have a blessed day with friends, family and loved ones as we take time to pause and reflect on what we are thankful for. I encourage each of you to take the intentional time to write down what it is that you have to be thankful about. It’s so easy to focus on all of the problems and issues we have as people, family, communities, cities, states and nations. Your focus is your choice, so focus on what you’re grateful and thankful for today. I guarantee that this will help you have an even better day today!
Here’s some of my list for 2013:
• My health and Dr. Cave who helped me and my wife find out all of the issues and create a path for total healing
• My faith in Christ and knowledge that I can and do have a relationship with my Creator through him
• My family – for my incredible wife Eva, our daughter Erica, my daughter and son Stacy and Brett (and their spouses Dow and Patsy) and everyone of my extended family no matter how close we are or how often we talk
• My friends – I am so blessed to have so many friends here in the US and around the globe who make an impact on me and inspire me to be a better person
• My vocation – I get to come along side some of the most incredible leaders and help them define their growth path as a person and as a leader
• My clients – 2013 has been an incredibly successful year
• My mentors and others that inspire me to grow and challenge me to be the man God made me to be
You probably realize that this is just a start, but my hope is that it will inspire you to do the same and do it in even more detail.
And, finally, who needs to hear your voice or even just a text message or email that says simply “Thanks for being a friend?” To use a long time ago AT&T slogan “reach out and touch someone today!”
Onward & Upward!